The Reel Change GA team is proud to recognize the 86% of Georgia youth who have chosen not to drink underage! In recognition of this we are running a statewide video competition to give you the chance to tell us and your peers why you have decided to make that choice by creating a 30 second video that expresses your reason/s.
The first step of this process is to read these simple rules and be sure to be safe when creating your video! Go ahead and get started so that you get your video in before the deadline:
Extended Video Submission Deadline: February 15, 2014
1. Entrants must be 12 – 18 years of age (or in grades 6th through 12th). Reel Change GA, It’s My Choice… is made by Teens for Teens!
2. An adult must sign off with the youth participant to ‘sponsor’ the entry.
A qualifying adult is defined as:
• Parent/Legal guardian
• Teacher/Counselor/Youth Service Center Coordinator/School Official – (acting with parental/legal guardian permission for entry)
• Community Center/Social Worker (acting with parental/legal guardian permission for entry)
3. All submissions of Social Tagging Images and Videos become the property, with the approval of GOCF, of The Council on Alcohol and Drugs and Public Awareness Campaign and all images may be used in a variety of large media/internet project.
4. Videos can be no more than 30 seconds long.
5. Videos must be viewable, clearly heard and must be uploaded on-line via the Reel Change GA Facebook Page. Quicktime H.264 file format is highly recommended. Several types/qualities of videos (Movie Maker, iMovie, Windows Media, etc. files ending in .wmv, .mov, avi, .m4v) should upload. However, only those in file format H.264 (higher definition/resolution) standard will meet the threshold of most major media outlets (such as Movie Cinemas, TV, etc.) for air time conversion.
Any videos not in High Definition or High Resolution can still enter the contest and be eligible for prizes/recognition. However, if they do not meet the media outlet threshold for conversion – Reel Change Georgia GA can not guarantee mass media distribution.
We will do our very best if you win to get your video on the big screen!
6. Video File name MUST match the video title listed on the entry form. We strongly suggest listing the lead youth’s LAST name as part of the video file name so it can be more easily linked to the entry form and video title.
An example would be:
7. Anything considered ‘inappropriate” will be disqualified. (Examples include: obscenities, nudity, vulgarity, anything that appears to promote underage drinking or drug use, etc.)
8. Copyrights must be honored. It’s the law!!!
We love popular music and famous brands just like everyone does! However, the use of copyrighted materials (such as popular music or brand names) is NOT PERMITTED without written permission of the material’s owner. It is the responsibility of the entrant and entrant sponsor to secure written permission needed for use of any copyrighted, trademarked or protected materials.
If it is suspected that copyrighted/trademarked/protected materials of any type have been used in a submitted video, the entrant will be ineligible for mass media distribution unless proof of permission is submitted at time of entry. Written proof of permission to use any copyrighted/trademarked/protected materials must be submitted with video at time of entry by scanning and emailing it to email@example.com.
Proof must contain the name of the video (must match the name of video listed on the entry form), lead youth and adult sponsor names, name of copyrighted/protected material used in video, and the signature of the authorized agent granting permission).
NOTE: Regardless of any believed copyright exemptions, the rules of REEL CHANGE GA REQUIRE written proof of permission (submitted at time of entry) for use of any copyrighted materials. No exceptions!
That said, MANY copyright-free music, visual, and other material resources exist! Use your internet browser or talk to your media teacher at school for ideas!
9. Branded products and product names in videos:
If you have a need to use a product in your video to express the Dangers of Underage Drinking or why you choose not to drink underage please follow this guideline.
a. Do not use a protected brand in a box, bottle, can, cup or prop of any type.
b. If you use an alcoholic drink as a prop please be sure that you can not make out the brand or simply remove the label.
Here are a few examples of how to use these types of props in your video:
* You can also make your own generic labels for your props and simply attach them with clear tape. If our moderators see a Brand Name in your video our support team will contact you with suggestions for brand name replacements and you will need to resubmit your video.
10. Selected video winners will air on Movie Cinema screens, as commercials on major television channels (MTV, TLC, Spike, BET, USA, Disney, and ABC Family, etc.) and may be converted to radio commercials – all to celebrate not drinking underage in Georgia.
- Big screen movie theater exposure
- Aired on MTV, BET, Spike and more
- Gift card prizes
- Additional prizes TBD
Each 30 second video entry must include ALL of the Following:
2. Participant Survey Part 2 (completed on-line) will be emailed to you in February 2014.
3. Completed, signed, Entry Form (completed on-line at time of submission).
5. If applicable: Copyright Permission Proof
Extended Video Submission Deadline: February 15, 2014